UNCCT’s Programme on Preventing and Responding to WMD/CBRN Terrorism seeks to advance Member States’ and International Organizations understanding of the level of this threat. It also supports their prevention, preparedness and response efforts at their request. Through this Programme, the Centre seeks to strengthen partnerships to contribute to existing capacity-building efforts of the international community.
UNCCT provides capacity-building support, focusing on areas such as border and export control, strategic trade control, illicit trafficking, protection of CBRN materials and critical infrastructure, incident response and crisis management, and CBRN forensics, among others. In 2021, the Programme launched 20 capacity-building training courses aiming to increase the capabilities of Member States in targeted CBRN areas. The courses are available upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Outbreak Containment for Law Enforcement Course
2. Biological Countermeasures Course
3. Biological Incident – Table-Top Exercise
4. Chemical Countermeasure Course
5. Radiological and Nuclear Countermeasures Course
6. Chemical Incident – Table-Top Exercise
7. CBRN Law Enforcement Training Course
8. Radiological and Nuclear Incident – Table-Top Exercise
9. CBRN Countermeasures and Response Workshop
10. Basic Microbiology and Biological Threats Course
11. Basic Chemical Threats Course
12. Basic Radiological and Nuclear Threats Course
13. Intro to WMD Science Course
14. Critical Infrastructure/Key Resources Protection Activities Course
15. Intermediate Biological Threats Course
16. Intermediate Chemical Threats Course
17. Intermediate Radiological and Nuclear Threats Course
18. Advanced Biological Threats Course
19. Advanced Chemical Threats Course
20. Advanced Radiological and Nuclear Threats Course
The UNCCT-UNICRI report was prepared as a result of a project on "Technology and Security: Enhancing Knowledge about Advances in Science and Technology to Combat Weapons of Mass Destruction Terrorism (WMD)“ implemented within the framework of the United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact Working Group on Emerging Threats and Critical Infrastructure Protection. The report is available upon request (email@example.com).